There’s talk around Niagara that this might be one of the hottest days on record! Sure, you might jump in the pool, or have your AC cranked right down, but nothing can cool you down like a cold glass of wine straight from the ice bucket. Here’s my top 5 wines to help keep you cool on summer days like this:
5. Sparkling Riesling: Do you need a special occasion to have sparkling wine? Fine. Let’s celebrate the fact that we live in Canada and it is 35°C+ today! (95°F+ for our American friends!)
4. 2008 Unoaked Chardonnay: Who needs oak on days like this? Not me. This refreshing Chard is perfect for summer dishes and has enough acidity to help beat the heat.
3. 2010 Fireside White: I know the name says “Fireside”, but it could just as easily be “Poolside”, “Dockside”, “Beachside”, etc… an altogether beauty of a summer wine.
2. 2010 Rosé: One of my favorites this time of the year! Not only does it taste great, it also looks great in the glass and you can get it starting this Saturday at your local Vintages store.
1. 2010 Estate Bottled Riesling: Is Riesling the best summer wine out there? I’d put my money on it!
You must be logged in to post a comment.