Pair with our 2010 Cabernet Franc.
1. Remove strings from pork roast and place in your crock pot
2. Pour enough root beer into the crock pot to just cover the pork
3. Add the onion and cover
4. Cook on low for 8-12 hours (cooking time may vary depending on your crock pot, once pork pulls apart easily, it is ready)
5. Drain the juices and remove any extra fat or skin (keep the onions)
6. Using 2 forks, shred the pork by pulling the forks away from each other
7. Mix in your favourite BBQ sauce until all the pork is well coated. Return to the crock pot and cook on low for an additional hour
8. Serve on fresh kaiser rolls - try them topped with coleslaw!